(Serves 4 little tummies or 2 bigger ones)
A meal your kids will love! Here’s our veggie take on moussaka, a traditional Greek dish normally cooked with meat and aubergine but we have made a few changes to make it plant based and kid friendly. Using our Mushroom & Lentil bolognese as a shortcut, you just need to make a quick béchamel and cook some sliced potatoes. A weeknight family favourite!
2 pots of Wildly Tasty bolognese
A pinch of cinnamon
1 potato, thinly sliced
Vegan cheese, grated (optional)
For the béchamel:
3 tbsp plant based butter
3 tbsp plain flour
500ml oat milk
- Preheat the oven to 200C fan.
- Place the pots of bolognese in the microwave and cook for 4-5 mins on high, until piping hot, then add a pinch of cinnamon and mix well.
- Heat a pan of boiling water over a high heat and add the sliced potatoes. Cook for 5-6 mins, until tender, then drain and let steam dry.
- Make the béchamel; heat the butter in a pan over a medium heat until melted, then add the flour and stir well until smooth. Continue stirring for 1 min, then add the milk gradually to the pan, stirring constantly. Cook for 2-3 mins until thickened, then remove from the heat.
- Layer one pot of bolognese on the bottom of a pyrex dish, then add half the béchamel, then another layer of bolognese and the potatoes on top. Top with a final layer of béchamel and a sprinkling of grated cheese.
- Cook in the oven for 30 mins until the top turns golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for about 10 mins to cool a little. Serve onto plates and enjoy!
It’s really fun using our pots to create easy recipes without having to do all the hard work- a normal moussaka can take between 2-3 hours and this is done in about 45 mins! Do you have any ideas or have you made something with our pots? We’d love to hear from you- just send a message to email@example.com and send any pictures, we love to hear your feedback and recipe inspiration 💚