These make a super lunchbox or afternoon snack, plus they are packed with protein and fibre for hungry tummies. Chocolate chips are optional. If preferred, these can be baked to form a soft cookie too, yum!
- 50g oats (or you could use oat flour and skip the first blending part)
- 1 tin of drained and rinsed chickpeas
- 3 tbsp date syrup or maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- Small handful of vegan chocolate chips (optional)
- Blend the oats to make a flour, then add to a food processor.
- Add all the ingredients into the food processor and blend until the mix is smooth.
- Spoon into a bowl. If using chocolate chips, stir into the mix.
- Pop the bowl into the fridge to chill for 1 hour. Pop the mix in the fridge for 1 hour to firm up.
- Roll into 12 balls and they're ready to be enjoyed!
If you’d like to bake these: Preheat the oven to 180C /160C (fan). Press each ball down into a small round shape on a lined baking tray. Bake for 12-15 minutes until turning golden brown. Leave to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
For more recipe ideas, visit our Instagram page @wildlytasty_uk