Here at Wildly Tasty we are always trying to think out of the box and find ways to be more environmentally friendly, so we've printed our welcome flyers on wildflower seeded paper to give them another life! A great activity for the kids, who can watch these seeds grow. Here's our simple guide to planting the seeded paper.
- When your child has eaten one of the meals, rinse the pot well to clean out any food.
- Fill your pot 2/3 full with soil from your garden or compost. Push down any loose soil.
- Tear or cut your seed paper into 4 pieces (try not to cut too small) and place a piece in each pot. Gently press the paper down into the soil and cover with 1/2 cm more soil. Repeat with the remaining pieces planting in individual pots.
- Water the soil and keep moist for a few days to encourage germination
- Once the shoots have started to grow, plant these in your garden.
These wildflowers and herbs are not edible to us but create a natural habitat for bees, butterflies and birds.
Seed paper is growing in popularity, making birthday cards, marketing material and even books literally 'come to life'. Hopefully we will be seeing much more of it, we LOVE it!